Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Do Hard Things

Today in sacrament meeting one of the speakers talked about the statement “We Do Hard Things”. I loved the visual he gave of a sign in a home where every time a family member said the task was too hard (homework, taking the garbage out, reading the scriptures, etc) all anyone would have to do is point to the sign --- WE DO HARD THINGS.

In our family we do really do hard things and will continue to do hard things. Life is a journey that is about-facing each day with what it brings you with courage and an attitude of strength and resiliency. I have been amazed at the letters we’ve gotten from Thomas week after week these last 10 months. Somewhere he learned how to do hard things. I could give examples for each of my children, rather I want to express the gratitude that they did learn, somehow, some way (even without a sign hanging up) when things get hard they keep going and I’m so grateful because life is always going to throw you a curve ball and it’s all about how you play the game.

3 comments:

candace said...

we kept going because YOU kept going!! thanks for something way better than a sign--an example! I love that sign tho...going over to Etsy now to see if they have one for sale. if not...maybe I'll start a shop!

candace said...

this is all they got--pretty weak sampling!!

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=we+do+hard+things&search_type=handmade

maybe there's a market for it!

Marianne said...

It's very true. Often when I am facing something that I don't want to do because I think it's too hard, or just because it doesn't seem that fun, I ask myself , "what would mom do?" And then I keep going.